A week of beginnings

May God bless the words of my mouth and the words I write on this blog.

For purposes of the story tellings, everyone has a nickname for this blog. Papa and Mama, Warhawk, Hummer, Strongman, and Warrior. Those might change as we go as might a lot of things. but thats part of the journey, isn't it? and the adventure!

Papa started his first week at language school and the first week was all about English grammar. The thinking that if you learn English grammar, then that will enable you to learn another language (more easily?). It was a weird thing for him to have homework again...

We celebrated Warrior's 2nd birthday this week and it was really funny, as I had prepared a cake and frosted it (half vanilla and half chocolate) and everyone waited inside eagerly but he didn't want to come it- just wasn't interested. he was sitting outside just playing with some dirt. Finally we got him to come in, and as I lit each of the two candles, he blew them out- it was so funny! better than him grabbing the flame so I was happy! Then we sang happy birthday as he sang along with us, and at the end he promptly took the candles out of the cake. Hummer likes chocolate, most the rest of us like vanilla although I'm not sure Warrior cares that much, and I tend to like both.

We walked down the hill to explore and found a very nice park. randomly there was a guy sleeping in the back of it and that scared us a bit. We have heard the homeless population is high here so that may explain it.

We have been swimming at the sports complex here and Papa and I take turns swimming laps. I really love swimming. The kids do to and it is a nice fun time. an added bonus is that we shower there and save on our water bill (the water can be quite expensive here). We signed up Hummer and Strongman to Saturday swimming lessons that start the end of the month, Warhawk is on a waitlist for his.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A special birthday

I love you, Mama!